Thursday, February 3, 2011

Draw Medieval Fantasies

While prowling around the children's book section at Barnes and Noble the other day, I happened across this little book. What a gem! I've often said that if you want quick knowledge on a subject, check for it in the children's section because it's such a fast way to get an overview on anything -- from there, if you find you need more information, you can always return to the adult section. I don't know why I haven't thought about searching for drawing books here sooner (except that I'm use to having "kids" books in the adult art section too -- like Christopher Hart's books, of which I can say that I own several as well). Not only are the illustrations in this book adorable, but Damon really breaks them down. Okay, sometimes I added in my own guidelines to get the drawings tweaked so I felt I could reproduce them with better accuracy, but he gave me a lot of things to think about. I'm really glad I purchased this book and I'm sure I'll refer to it often as I get more into the drawings for my graphic novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment