Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Tao of Watercolors

Most people get their first introduction to watercolor as a child with the small watercolor sets. I remember as a child sitting down at the table with my set and brusha pile of copy paper, and my mother fussing to find a cup that I could use to wash my brush. She knew I was going to make a mess and not clean up after myself (at least not to her standards --isn't this the way it always is?) I even remember a few times she would sit down and paint with me. My paintings never came out as beautiful as hers.

Today, I've found that there are some watercolors that I like and others I don't. I've been mostly an oil and acrylic painter since I started, but books like this make me want to branch out into watercolors. Even though most kids get their first art exposure with watercolors, it's a hard art form to learn.

Jeanne's paintings are beautiful and inspiring. The Tao behind the art is well worth the read for any artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment