Saturday, June 25, 2011

Storm Front

I recently started watching The Dresden Files on Netflix. Let me say how disappointment I was when I discovered it only had one season! Outrage!

Fortunately for me though, Jim Butcher has written several books so I can continue my habit. What's best is that the voice from the show was taken directly from the voice of the books. I feel like I'm watching the show when I read.

So for all my writers out there, here's one for you. I have to admit that I don't usually like first person stories because people fall back on telling. Butcher's voice is strong, the first person perspective is strong, and I love his description. It reminds me of just how far I still have to go with my own writing too (sigh!).

As Glen Cook's promo blurb on the front cover says, "Wish I'd thought of this myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment